FAQ & INFO concerning Bans, Reports, Appeals, Kicks and GMM Feedback Tickets
Last update: 14 Sep 12:22 UTC
Short link to this article: https://truckersmp.com/kb/1061
Table of Contents
- GMM Feedback Tickets
This article covers everything related to Game Moderation. Please read through them if you have any questions or complaints to make.
1. Ban related questions
If I become a Patron, will you remove or otherwise reduce my ban or give me any perks regarding bans?
No. Supporting TMP is optional, not mandatory. We're not forcing players to support us through Patreon. The perks are more or less listed here. Just because you support TruckersMP doesn't mean that you'll get preferential treatment.
Do you remove bans after a certain time? For example one year?
No, bans will stay on your profile history. Bans that expired over a year ago will not be taken into consideration any more, and we do not remove them either. We only remove them under rare circumstances. This includes but is not limited to:
- The evidence of your ban is not available (keep in mind that evidence must be available for the required duration of the ban plus one month).
- The ban has been issued by mistake (usually marked as @BANBYMISTAKE).
- The ban has been issued incorrectly upon GMM reviewal.
I have been permanently banned, will you give me another chance to play again?
Permanent bans are permanent as the name says. Players have 5 chances to correct their mistakes, and we cannot give everyone endless chances. Rule §2.8 clearly outlines the process. Even after 10 years, the permanent ban will stay.
I have been banned, but there is no evidence of my ban. What do I do?
If you have been banned in-game, it can take a while for the staff member to upload the evidence. If you wish to see it, appeal your ban and request evidence from the staff member that issued the punishment.
Can I contact a staff member on discord or somewhere else to discuss a ban?
No, it is not allowed and can get you in trouble. Appeals sent through other means will be ignored. We encourage players to submit an appeal if they believe their ban is unjust. We stress the importance on how to properly submit an appeal for a game ban. You can do so by accessing the ban appeal system, choosing your ban, and then clicking on “Appeal your ban.” For more information on how to properly appeal your ban, check the following guide.
I should be unbanned already, but my ban is still active? What do I do?
If you live in another time zone and haven't changed it in the settings yet, then you should do that first or convert it into your time zone. Depending on your time zone, the exact expiration date may differ. To do so, head over to the Settings > Site Settings and then change the time zone depending on where you live.
Why is my ban so long?
We view ETS2 and ATS as simulation games and this is reflected in our banning structure. Intentional actions will result in longer ban durations than accidental or negligent offenses would typically receive. We review every incident “as is” and on a case by case basis. This means that ban durations can and will vary based on the offense and the GM, but they will still adhere to internal banning guidelines.
Some types of rules that can warrant a longer first-second-third ban include, but are not limited to
- Use of racial or homophobic slurs.
- Use of violent acts imagery/text.
- Intentionally violating the rules.
- Putting other user's in danger for no reason.
- Driving recklessly on the one lane rural road between the cities Calais and Duisburg and the surrounding areas.
My brother/sister/cat/ used my PC and got me banned. What do I do?
Rule §1.1 clearly outlines that you are responsible for your account. Anyone owning an account is responsible for its safety. Regardless of who was using your account when the rule violation occurred, the ban will not be removed.
Why do you ban players right away instead of warning them?
I have been banned due to my in-game tag/avatar/save editing. What do I do?
If you have been banned due to one of the reasons listed above, please follow the instructions below depending on the reason of your ban. You will most likely be unbanned if it's your first, second or third ban, but if it's your fourth or fifth ban, then we do not remove those bans. They are strictly 1-month and permanent.
If you want to skip the instructions below, follow this video made by one of our Game Moderator Trainers.
- Start the multiplayer and click the "gear" icon on the login page in the top left-hand corner of your screen;
- Open the multiplayer settings;
- On the General tab, change your tag;
- Take a screenshot of the modified tag;
- Upload the screenshot to a service of sharing photos and screenshots, such as Imgur (http://imgur.com/ ), Resmim (https://resmim.net/ ), Lightshot/Prntscr (https://prnt.sc/ );
- Once done, appeal your ban HERE with sufficient proof and reply with something like "I have changed my in-game tag, please unban me."
- Open the Steam client;
- Go to your profile, and click 'edit profile'
- On the 'my profile' tab, change your avatar to something in accordance with rule §1.5 (You can choose an official Steam avatar if you don't know what to pick).
- Once done, appeal your ban HERE with sufficient proof and reply with something like "I have changed my avatar, please unban me."
- Start the game in single-player mode and go to your vehicle/trailer;
- Remove the improperly attached parts or alternatively, add the missing ones;
- Take at least THREE screenshots of your vehicle/trailer showing 1) the front, 2) the back, and 3) the side of it;
- Upload the screenshots to a service of sharing photos and pictures, such as Imgur (http://imgur.com/ ), Resmim (https://resmim.net/ ), Lightshot/Prntscr (https://prnt.sc/ );
- Once done, appeal your ban HERE with sufficient proof.
2. Report related questions
I have been banned from the reporting system. What do I do?
We expect everyone to follow the reporting rules, and any violation of the rules might result in a temporary or permanent ban from the web reporting system. If you wish to see the reason of your ban including the length, submit a Feedback Ticket directed to the Game Moderation Management.
The following actions can result in a ban from the reporting system. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Removing the evidence right away or before the required duration of the ban plus 1-month.
- Removing the evidence upon request of the banned player.
- Reporting another player with fake evidence. Note that this can result in a permanent ban with no chance of undo.
- Reporting other players with reports using continuous freecam (Cam 0).
- Reporting the same player with the same evidence not once, but multiple times.
What happens if I report players solely from high-populated areas?
If you're driving on the one lane rural road between the cities Calais and Duisburg with the sole purpose to report other players, then you may be at risk of getting your reporting privileges removed. The point of our game is to let players enjoy all roads everywhere in the map and not only drive back and forth from busy places to report players, our mod is made for players to enjoy driving around the game world, but we do not like that players drive only in busy places for the main purpose of reporting players.
§1.3 - Spamming or Abuse
Using any of the report or communication systems provided on TruckersMP services inappropriately. This can include but is not limited to spamming them, reporting users multiple times with the same evidence and misusing the system for its intended purposes. This can include but is not limited to the in-game chat, CB radio, horn spamming, our forum, support tickets, feedback tickets, appeals and reports.
§1.4 - Reporting users
Any violation of the following rules might result in a temporary or permanent ban from the web reporting system.
Spamming our report system with useless reports, reports using continuous freecam (Cam 0) to record or anything similar.
My report is valid, but the staff member declined it. What do I do?
The following article explains what to do. Ensure you read it before filing a complaint.
3. Appeal related questions & information
The account owner is responsible for anything that happens on their account, regardless of who may have used it. Avoid pointing fingers - "But they rammed me", “My brother did it while I was gone”, "My mouse/keyboard stopped working" will not be taken into consideration. We would rather appreciate people admitting their own fault than making up excuses: take responsibility for any actions on the server and be polite.
Please keep in mind that cursing at staff, blaming someone else, arguing that you don't agree with the rules will result in a failed ban appeal. Threatening our staff is against our rules and will not be tolerated. Doing so will not get your account reinstated, and may result in your ban being extended. Abusing or spamming the ban appeal system may lead to additional punishments, or revoking of appeal privileges. Worst case scenario your appeal will be declined right away.
I've appealed my ban a few hours ago, but so far no response. What do I do?
It may take some time for the staff member to deal with your appeal. Remember that we get a lot of appeals on a daily basis, so please be patient and wait. There is no need to spam the ban appeal system as it won't speed up the response-time.
My ban appeal has been accepted, but my ban is still visible on my profile. Why?
Even if your ban appeal has been accepted, it doesn't mean that it will be removed from your profile. Unless the ban has been issued by mistake, bans for save editing, improper tags and similar will stay on your profile. We don't remove them.
What happens if I rage and insult the staff member?
Quoting; “Please keep in mind that cursing at staff, blaming someone else, arguing that you don't agree with the rules will result in a failed ban appeal. Threatening our staff is against our rules and will not be tolerated. Doing so will not get your account reinstated, and may result in your ban being extended.” - don't do it.
Can I appeal my ban, apologise, and ask for a ban reduction?
While you have the option to appeal your ban, you should not do that. The ban appeal system should be used to prove your innocence or if you can prove that your ban is unjust. Staff members will not reduce your ban, providing it has been correctly issued. While an apology is the first step in the right direction, it will not really help.
I have been waiting for quite some time for the staff member to get back to me, but no response to my ban appeal so far. What do I do?
If your ban appeal has not been answered within a timely manner (a minimum of 3 days), then you can head over to the feedback system and file a complaint.
4. Kick related questions
I have been wrongfully kicked by a staff member!
Please note that we require video evidence of the entire incident leading up to the kick. If there's no video evidence, there's nothing we can do. We cannot take action based on assumptions.
Do you recommend filing a complaint?
It depends on the situation. Most of the complaints regarding kicks have been issued by mistake, for example by selecting the wrong user, inserting the wrong ID in the chat and so on. We strive to ensure that members of our staff check everything twice before kicking one of our players. Unless you have been kicked multiple times, we recommend reconnecting to the servers.
5. Feedback related questions & information
Prior to contacting the Game Moderation Management about a ban or any other inquiry, you must follow the rules listed here. Failing to do so will result in a closure of your feedback ticket without a response.
- If you wish to contest your ban with Game Management, you must appeal it and receive a FINAL decision. It is NOT allowed to contact us if your ban appeal is still OPEN.
- Continuing that you disagree with your ban after a final decision has been made by Game Managers is not allowed.
- Asking for your ban length to be reduced or removed won't happen as correctly issued bans will not be modified or removed.
- Permanent bans are permanent and will not be removed even after a prolonged time. They are strictly permanent.
- Bans that expired over a month ago will not be reviewed or re-looked into.
- Do not submit a ticket to complain on another user's behalf. Instead, use the ban appeal system.
Before submitting a ticket, you are required to go through each point. If one or more applies, do not submit a ticket or you may be at risk of getting banned from the feedback system. Feedback tickets must be respectful. Any attitude, cuss words, immaturity or threats made will have your rights revoked immediately and possibly increase your existing ban.
What is going to happen if I submit a feedback ticket while my ban appeal is still open?
Your feedback ticket will be immediately closed.
What is going to happen if I submit a feedback ticket before going through the entire ban appeal process?
Your feedback ticket will be immediately closed.
Can I complain on another players behalf?
No, as stated above, refer the player to the ban appeal system. We cannot disclose personal information of other people with third-parties.
I regret violating the rules and getting banned, will you give me another change to play on your servers?
While we appreciate the fact that players are aware of their mistakes, we do not remove those bans. Correctly issued bans will not be removed or modified in any way.
I got banned for hacking/ban evading. Please give me another chance!
We have a zero-tolerance policy for cheating on the game or ban evading and any resulting account bans are permanent. Cheating disrupts the gaming experience for other players and diminishes their hard work and dedication. To ensure that players continue to have a positive experience, we cannot allow cheating in any form. Due to the severity of the offense, anything of this nature will result in a permanent ban. We want everyone to have a fun, fair, and safe gaming experience. This means that we look at how people behave inside our games.
I want to report another player!
Please use the report system. - we don't deal with reports over the feedback system.
I tried reporting another player, but the account is deleted. What do I do?
Submit a feedback ticket directed to the Game Moderation Management with all the relevant information of the perpetrator including evidence and we'll handle it.
Can you check if my save editing is fine?
Before asking whether your modification is allowed, read the save editing rule and you'll be able to find the answer.