Bug fix - "An application fatal error" - Windows 7 + DirectX 11
Last update: 05 Dec 2020 11:54 UTC
Short link to this article:
This guide is going to help you to fix the fatal error bug if you try to launch TruckersMP with Windows 7 and DirectX 11. In case you are having this error message using Windows 8 and Windows 10 as well - you can skip this part and move onto the second steps.
In order to fix the issue shown above, follow these steps:
- Head over to the Microsoft website and download the Windows 7 Service Pack
- Once this is downloaded, install the Service Pack.
- Restart your PC.
- Open Steam and launch Euro Truck Simulator 2 / American Truck Simulator.
- Choose the "Launch with OpenGL (64-bit)” option when launching the game.
- Wait until the game has started, and drive a short distance.
- Close the game and restart your computer.
- Launch TruckersMP as Administrator
In case the steps above haven't fixed your problem, try to re-register the missing d3dcompiler_47.dll file using the steps below:
- Open up the Command Prompt by searching for it and then right-click, open as administrator.
- When it’s opened, type the following command then hit enter - “regsvr32 /u D3DCompiler_47.dll”.
- Then type in “regsvr32 /i D3DCompiler_47.dll” and then hit enter.
- Once you have done this, open up the TruckersMP launcher as administrator.
In case the steps above haven't fixed your problem, take a look at this website or contact our Support team here.