How to install the Winter Mod?
Last update: 03 Feb 23:03 UTC
There has been a lot of uncertainty surrounding the installation of the Winter Mod, this year.
This article aims to clear up any doubts and provide an adequate installation guide.
Firstly, you need to download the mod(s).
- Base, if any of the other mods - https://sharemods.com/2e4hxhspy8qc/frosty_7_0.scs.html
- Heavy winter addon - https://sharemods.com/paf4303iqju6/frosty_heavy_winter_7_0.scs.html
- Physics - https://sharemods.com/ziju1s9ikhgo/frosty_physics_7_01.scs.html
From here, you need to make a folder in your ETS2MP directory (this is usually located in your documents) and create a ‘mod’ folder.
Your ETS2MP directory should look like this.
After that, proceed to move the mod(s) into the newly created folder, ensuring that you do not rename them, or similar. Otherwise, you will be simply barred from joining the server.
Your mod folder should look like this, depending upon which mods are installed.
From there, you should be able to login and connect to the game with the Winter Mod enabled.
For a visual guide, a YouTube tutorial with commentary is available here
“Error when joining the server”
- It is possible that the files are corrupted and therefore need redownloading. Make certain that the files are fully downloaded before transferring them into your mod folder.
- Ensure that you have not renamed any of the mods.
“Snow not appearing in-game”
“Not appearing on mod list”
- Make sure that you are installing it in the correct directory, rather than in the standard Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder, it should be in the ETS2MP folder.