While Driving in TruckersMP, users are required to follow the traffic laws of the respective country.
- Purposely holding your horn down for an prolonged period of time or anything similar.
- Having inappropriate usernames/tags including those with insults, any with no text, any with swearing in them, names matching administration, law enforcement organizations, any current living or deceased political leader or anything similar. This also includes tags that would indicate that you are a "Forum Mod", "TS3 Admin", "Admin", "Police", "Security" or similar and in any language.
Inappropriate License/Interior Plates
- Having inappropriate text on license plates on your truck, either as your licence plate or interior to your vehicle. This includes swearing, and anything that lists you as a staff member, insults or otherwise offensive text.
- It is forbidden to impersonate administration or act as law enforcement such as police. This includes tags, username, paintjobs, lights, etc that would indicate you are behaving as an administrator.
- Having races or anything similar. This excludes races occurring on the Arizona Race Track.
- Traveling the incorrect way down the road or anything similar.
- Overtaking in an area of extremely low FPS, in areas with large amounts of traffic such as in Europoort, overtaking resulting in an accident or anything similar. This also includes overtaking on any 1 lane in each direction road where there is excessive traffic.
- Swearing or using any words that are discriminatory, against religion or race and that may be deemed inappropriate or anything similar.
- Swearing or using any words that may be deemed inappropriate towards other users or anything similar.
- Swearing or using any words that may be deemed inappropriate towards any members of the Truckers MP team. This can be on any service, including Facebook, Teamspeak, Youtube, Ingame or any other service. Failure to follow this rule will result in severe punishment.
- Using the in-game chat abusively, repeating the same message 3+ times in a row in 1 minute within a populated area. Convoy control exempt for the purposes of directing a convoy alone.
- Purposely causing damage to another user's truck, attempting to cause a collision into another users truck or anything similar.
- Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar.
- Using artificial tools to change gameplay, using cheat engine in order to bypass the speeding limiter or anything similar.
- Parking or stopping in areas of high population for no reason such as Rotterdam Port or anything similar, using the designated car parks is fine (This is fine when there is low traffic in the area). Parking or stopping is always forbidden in No Parking Zones (pictures in second post, see forum thread In-game rules). This now includes the Calais to Duisburg road during excessive traffic.
- Spamming the use of commands both to other users and commands as a whole or anything similar.
- Using unsupported mods that cause game crashes.
- Creating another account to get around a temp ban / perm ban.
Driving without lights or Ghost driving
- Driving in the dark (between 7PM and 7AM game time) without lights is forbidden. From 7PM (19:00) to 7AM (07:00), headlights must be on.
Exiting map boundaries
- It is forbidden to drive outside of the map boundaries, including spots inaccessible by normal driving, unless the player is an official In-Game Admin or anything similar.
Useless traffic in excessively high population areas
- Useless traffic in excessively high population areas such as Europoort, Rotterdam or the Calais to Duisburg road. Driving without reason to and from or anything similar. If you are in the area of Europort, you are expected to use the port or you are running the risk of punishment.
Inappropriate Convoy Management
- Groups (And Individuals) which offer services such as piloting a convoy, or directing trucks during a convoy are not allowed to block, or slow down, traffic in any way, shape, or form.
- Leaving abusive comments on report videos and otherwise continually harrassing users.
- Trolling other users/annoying/blocking/ramming in the goal of disturbing other players or by pretending to be someone you are not or similar. Kicks may happen depending on severity.
- Trolling the voice chat in any way. Harrassing other users, mic spam etc.
Car with trailer
- Cars are not allowed to pull trailers. It looks weird and can actually cause reckless driving.
Car Abuse of Pilot Paintjob
- Acting as administration, or otherwise abusing the Pilot paintjob. Please note: We prefer only 2 Pilot cars per convoy depending on size.
Excessive Save Editing *
- Modifying your vehicle to include car parts on your truck or truck parts on your car. This includes paintjobs. This also includes adding too many beacons and horns to your truck and also includes any large horns or beacons on your bullbar or front bar.
- When editing a truck, trailer, or other content through save editing, you must follow the Mod Guidelines.
- No more beacons than allowed by the game by default, no changing the vehicles hitbox, no beacons on bullbars/bumpers or similar, your vehicle must be functional, and you may not mix truck, trailer and car parts.
- Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe, driving backwards, wrong way, failing to yield, ignoring other players and rules.
Excessive use of beacons *
- You may not use/turn on any beacons in high traffic areas, such as Rotterdam, Europoort, and the Calais-Duisburg road.
* Indicates a rule that has been updated.
Attempting to use desync in order to cause damage to another users truck is forbidden.
If your ping is over 600ms to the server you will be disconnected from the server in order to avoid desync issues for others. This ping check is taken as an average.
This is a very simple how-to guide on how to overtake (and be overtaken) properly. The first thing you should be aware of is DESYNC. Basically, what you see on your screen is not always what the other players are seeing. This might cause (unintentional) ramming in many situations. To counter that effect, here's some practical information that you should always follow.
Start your overtaking maneuver when you are at least 60m from the truck in front of you (you can always check the distances using the TAB key).
Stay in line
When you checked that the other driver is 100m behind you, you can start merging back.
Alternatively, if you see the other driver turn its lights on, or hear him honk 2 short times, it means that you can merge back safely from his point of view, even if you're not 100m ahead. In that case, it's nice to thank him using the left-right-left-right blinker signal. Note that high beams would normally be used IRL, but cannot be seen for now in the MP game.
When being overtaken
Stay in line
If you're riding at 90 km/h, it is nice to slow down a little so the other driver has a chance to overtake you.
When there's enough distance between you and the overtaker (60m should be enough), turn your lights on (or honk 2 short times if it's night time and your lights are already turned on) to signal that he can merge back safely.
Let's hope everybody follow these rules, and the road will be a lot safer.
How bans are issued
The first 3 bans issued are at admin discretion.
The 4th ban is 1 month.
The 5th ban is 3 months.
The 6th ban is permanent with no chance of undo.
Any bans further than 12 months before the current ban are ignored under this rule. This is considered the cooling off period.
User has 3 bans, all within a year, add the 4th ban. User has 3 bans, first ban is over a year old. Then new ban is 3rd.
If you are reporting users, please note that most rules do require video evidence to see clearly what is happening. Offenses such as insulting and such are fine with screenshots but as a general rule of thumb, video is better.
Administrators reserve the right to kick or ban you from the Truckers MP servers at any point if needed. We ask that if you are banned that you create a ban appeal and not private message any member of the staff team. We don't delete a user's account at the request of. We can only perm ban him.
If you have been banned, you have a right of appeal at http://truckersmp.com/appeals. If you feel that your ban appeal is not handled correctly, email [email protected]
If you have been permanently banned, creating a new account is deemed as Ban Evasion, if evidence points that you have ban evaded Administrators reserve the right to ban you again without notification.
The servers, mod and admins are provided free of charge for everyone and in that sense, everyone is a guest on the servers and it is a privilege that can be removed at any time. No form of persecution or offence toward any other members or staff team members will be permitted. We reserve the right to remove your right to access the servers at anytime and at our discretion. Please note that the creators of the TruckersMP mod are not linked to SCS in any way, shape, or form.