Unsupported Game Version detected - How to downgrade your game
Last update: 24 Jan 19:03 UTC
Unsupported Game Version detected
Whenever Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator gets an update from SCS you need to downgrade your game to an older version if possible until TruckersMP pushes a new update to support the new version.
This can take some time and we don't have an average waiting time for a new update.
In order to upgrade / downgrade ETS 2 / ATS you need to open Steam. After doing that follow these steps:
- Open your library
- Make a right click on ETS 2 / ATS
- Open Properties
- Head over to Betas
=> Here you need to find the correct version. If TruckersMP is fully updated, you need to select the newest version that is available.
The newest version is always "NONE - opt out of all beta programs"
-> If SCS updated the game you need to find the latest supported version by TruckersMP. You can find that version in the error message when you try to launch ETS 2 MP / ATS MP.
After you know the supported version, try to search for that version in your Steam Settings.
Note: It's not always possible to downgrade your game. We recommend to disable automatic updates for both games, ATS and ETS.
If your game already has the correct version
If your game already has the correct version but you still receive that error message, try to follow these steps:
- Open Steam and go to your library -> games
- Make a right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 and open Properties
- After the Properties window has opened click on Local Files tab and press Browse Local Files
- A folder with game files will open. Remember the path to this folder
- Click Start -> Run (or WIN+R)
regedit and hit enter
- Follow the path
- Look at the value parameter "InstallLocationETS2"?
- Copy the folder address from Step 1
- Change the value parameter "InstallLocationETS2" (Insert the copied folder address)
- Click OK.
You can do the same with ATS and all ATS files / locations
If you still encounter problems, feel free to take a look at this topic or contact our Support Team here.
If you need help for opening a Support Ticket, take a look at this article