How to manage roles and members
Last update: 10 Nov 19:04 UTC
Short link to this article: https://truckersmp.com/kb/1108
This is a guide to explain to you how to manage the roles and members of your VTC.
Note: Make sure that your role has the correct permissions to manage the roles and members of your VTC.
(Learn more about VTC Permissions here).
When you have created your VTC, you will need some roles for your VTC.
This first part will explain how you can manage the roles for your VTC.
Roles are important for your VTC so that you can assign roles to your members and give extra permissions to your staff team.
- Open the role list using the menu on the left of your VTC page.
Here you can see a full list of the roles in your VTC. To change the order of the roles, you have to do the following:
- Drag the role you want to move to the position you want it to have.
- Click on "Save Order" to save the new order of your roles.
- To add a new role, click on "Create a role".
- Give a name for the new role you want to create.
- Click on "Create" to confirm that you want to create a new role.
Giving permissions to this role will be explained in the next step.
- To edit a role, click on "Edit" on the role you want to edit.
- Now you can change the name and permissions of the role.
- Once you are done, click on "Update" to confirm the changes you have made.
Keep in mind that you can't delete the "Owner" role and the current role assigned to yourself.
- To delete a role, click on "Edit" on the role you want to delete.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Delete" to delete this role.
- Confirm that you want to delete the role by clicking on "Delete" again.
Now that you know how to manage the roles in your VTC, this second part will explain how you can manage your VTC Members.
Open the list of members of your VTC by clicking on "View More" on the bottom right of your VTC page.
Here you can see a list of members in your VTC. At the top, you also have a search bar to look for a specific member.
If you have the correct permissions within the VTC, you will also be able to see the following icons:
- This icon means that this member is currently banned.
- This icon means that this member is exceeding the ban limit that you have set for your VTC.
- This icon means that you can manage this member.
You can edit a member of your VTC by clicking on next to their name.
On this page you can:
- Update the role of a user by selecting a new role from the list and then clicking on the "Update" button.
- Kick a member from your VTC by clicking on the "Kick" button.