§1 - Service-wide rules
§2 - Game only rules
§3 - Save editing rules
§4 - Forum only rules
§5 - Disclaimer & Information
- 2022/05/04 - Reworked §2.2. Updated §1.4, §2.4, §2.8, §5.3. (full changelog)
- 2021/05/28 - Reworked all rules under §1. Added rule §4.5. Updated §2 §2.6, §2.8, §3, §4, §4.1, §4.2, §4.3, §5.1, §5.4, §5.7 (full changelog)
- 2021/02/14 - Updated rule §1.2, §1.4, §1.5, §2 §2.4, §2.6, §2.9
- 2021/01/11 - Updated rule §2.9
- 2020/11/29 - Updated rule §1.1, §1.4, §2, §2.8, §2.9, §3, §5.1, §5.3 + updated whole section §4.
- 2020/08/05 - Updated rule §1.4, §1.5, §2, §2.5, §5.1, §5.7
- 2020/05/08 - Updated rule §1.1, §1.4, §3, §5.1
- 2020/04/19 - Updated rule §5.2
- 2020/03/20 - Updated rule §2.1, §5.1
- 2020/03/16 - Updated rule §1.4, §2.5, §2.6, §2.8, §2.9, §5.1, §5.3, §5.7. Removed all save editing rules, and replaced them with §3
- 2020/02/08 - Updated rule §1.4, §2.3, §2.5, §2.7, §2.8, §3.1, §3.4, §3.5, §5.1. Merged rule §3.6 into §3.5, merged rule §3.7 and §3.8 with §3.4. Rule §3.9 is now rule §3.7.
§1 - Service-wide rules
This rule applies to, but is not limited to, the CB Radio, the in-game chat, your avatar, your licence/interior plates, your username, your in-game tag and any content you upload or embed on our website or forum such as images, GIFs or your forum signature.
§1.1 - Account and Equipment
You are responsible for your account(s). When rules are being broken, we will punish the account that broke them, no matter who was playing at that time. You are also responsible for the equipment used while driving on TruckersMP. This includes but is not limited to the safe use and maintenance of keyboards, game controllers, mice, steering wheels and similar.
§1.2 - Ban Evading - PERMANENT BAN
Creating or using another account to get around a temporary or permanent ban. Attempting to remove ban evidence to get out of a ban. If the evidence points that you have evaded a ban, staff reserve the right to ban you again without notification. Evidence for ban evading cannot be disclosed due to it containing confidential server-side information.
§1.3 - Spamming or Abuse
Using any of the report or communication systems provided on TruckersMP services inappropriately. This can include but is not limited to spamming them, reporting users multiple times with the same evidence and misusing the system for its intended purposes.
§1.4 - Reporting users
Any breaches of the below rules might result in a 30 day ban from our report system for a first offense, and a permanent ban for a second offense, and will lead to your report getting rejected.
- The evidence you provide cannot have been recorded more than 14 days ago.
- The evidence you provide us must be available for the length of the ban applied, plus thirty days. Evidence for permanent bans must be available forever.
- Reports for reasons mentioned under §2 must have video evidence. Evidence exceeding 2 minutes in length must have a timestamp attached in the report.
- Evidence submitted in the report should not be modified (cropped, retouched or blurred) in a way that affects the context of the violation. Videos can only be cropped time-wise.
Evidence submitted may only be uploaded to websites that offer an on-site video player. Evidence that requires downloading files or authorization will not be accepted.
- Evidence of inappropriate use of language, impersonation of any kind and inappropriate content, in the text chat must show the full chat open.
- Evidence containing insults or otherwise offensive marks from the reporter won't be accepted and the reporter might be banned for inappropriate use of language, depending on the severity.
- Ban Evading violations cannot be reported to the TruckersMP Team, such violations are handled through internal processes.
- You can not report players with evidence that has not been taken in-game by yourself.
- Spamming our report system with useless reports, reports using continuous freecam (Cam 0) to record, or anything similar is not permitted.
- Asking staff to handle your report with priority is not permitted.
- It is not allowed to report the same user again if your report against them was declined. The complaint must be addressed to the Game Moderation Management through the feedback system.
- Reporting TruckersMP staff members must be done through the feedback system.
- For some basic guidelines on reporting, please refer to this article.
§1.5 - Inappropriate use of language
- Light insults in chat such as "idiot" and "noob" are normally not punished, however, if abused they will be.
- Profanity without any insult is punishable. Bans or kicks are issued at our staff's discretion.
- Behaviour that is considered to be threatening or discriminating towards any user of our service is not allowed.
§1.6 - Impersonation of any kind
- Impersonating other users, staff members, political figures, law enforcement, leaders and authorities, criminal organisations of any kind, acting like someone who is more superior or acting like a member of a verified VTC you are not part of.
§1.7 - Inappropriate content
- Any reference related to drugs, other illegal substances, pornographic or sexual content or otherwise illicit matters.
- Discussing/expressing (extreme) political views is not permitted.
- Sharing personal details, including links to social media accounts about other users is not allowed.
- Flashing and blinking images/GIFs are not allowed. This type of content can negatively impact those that suffer from photosensitive epilepsy, who are vulnerable to flashing lights or contrasting light and dark patterns.
- Linking or providing access to unsafe websites or content is not allowed.
- Your name must consist of only alphanumeric characters without the use of different fonts or styles.
§1.8 - Law and piracy
- No violation of international laws or national laws that can apply to TruckersMP is allowed.
- You are not allowed to share, upload or otherwise enable software piracy using any of our platforms.
§1.9 - Backseat moderation
It is the role of our moderation staff to seek out and identify offences on our platforms while they are managing the TruckersMP community. Do not take matters into your own hands. If you see something that breaks the rules, please report the post, topic or user on the appropriate system.
§1.10 - Incitement
You are not allowed to use our platforms to provide content that encourages, assists or otherwise allows other members to break TruckersMP's rules.
§1.11 - Ambiguity
If, for any reason, there are ambiguous terms in the rules, or terms which could be "open to interpretation", punishments may be issued as interpreted and agreed upon by TruckersMP Management. Any ambiguity falls on the side of TruckersMP, and not individual players. If an ambiguity is reported to us, we will work to remove the ambiguity. Loopholes are treated in the same way, exploiting loopholes will be punished for in the same way as the rule you are exploiting - you should report loopholes, not exploit them.
§2 - Game only rules
Rules marked with an asterisk (*) do not apply on Arcade servers and inside of No Collision Zones. Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws and signage could result in a punishment. Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area. Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended. Speeding can lead to accidents and can factor in a punishment decision. Baiting other players into accidents will not be tolerated and is punishable. Areas with 25+ players are considered highly populated.
§2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing - PERMANENT BAN
Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine in order to bypass the speed limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar. Bypassing the server-sided auto kick system via save editing. Misusing features such as ghost mode to cause damage to others while connecting to the servers.
§2.2 - Collisions*
Causing or attempting to cause a collision with another player intentionally or due to negligence.
§2.3 - Blocking*
Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar. Failure to use the service feature (F7+Enter) when needed might result in a punishment.
§2.4 - Incorrect Way / Inappropriate Overtaking*
Driving the incorrect way down a road. Overtaking or undertaking another player in an area of extremely low FPS and/or in highly populated areas and/or resulting in an accident or the endangerment of other players. This also includes overtaking or undertaking on any one-lane in each direction road where there is excessive traffic such as a traffic jam.
§2.5 - Reckless Driving*
Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger. This includes but is not limited to: driving backwards, ignoring traffic lights or road signage, speeding, racing other users (except in Tucson, Phoenix, and Södertälje (ProMods) racetracks). Driving outside of the map boundaries or in areas that are not covered by the mini map/GPS. Hidden roads which are intentionally part of the map are not included. You can use these roads. In ProMods, you can drive on unlocked roads or paths. Attempting to use desync lag or quick saves in order to cause damage to another user's vehicle. Using the ghost mode feature to go through traffic jams.
§2.6 - Inappropriate Convoy Management / Car Abuse*
Convoys are expected to follow all TruckersMP rules without altering the normal traffic flow. Convoy pilots are not permitted to slow down, block, control traffic and act as a staff member or otherwise abuse the pilot scheme paint job. It's not permitted to organise a convoy in the following areas when highly populated: Kirkenes quarry (ProMods map), the Duisburg to Calais road, and in the cities of Calais and Duisburg. More than 5 players driving together is classed as a convoy.
§2.7 - Event Servers
All rules apply to any event server unless approved temporary rules override for a certain event.
Event server requirements can be found here.
Temporary rules for events can be found here.
§2.8 - How bans are issued
- The first 3 bans are issued at the staff member’s discretion.
- The 4th ban is thirty days.
- The 5th ban and consecutive bans are ninety days.
Any bans older than 12 months at the time of the new ban being issued are ignored, this 12 month period is the ban cooling-off period. Ban extensions are based on the active (less than 12 months old) bans at the time of expiration and will not be altered if a ban goes over the 12 month period while the ban is active. If you have at least two active history bans in your ban history, staff will extend your next ban to a ninety days ban, regardless of how many bans you have had in the last year. Bans that are extended due to history cannot be removed, they are strictly thirty days and ninety days.
§2.9 - Bans issued by the Game Moderation Management
If the Game Moderation Management thinks that a user joins TruckersMP with the sole purpose to violate the rules, "§2.8 - How bans are issued" can be bypassed and the ban length will be at the Game Moderation Management's discretion. In accordance with our Terms of Service staff are allowed to re-use evidence sent in our reports. In specific cases, the Game Moderation Management reserves the right to keep ban evidence private upon review of the banned player.
§3 - Save Editing
Causing extreme lag or game crashes by save editing is not permitted. Extreme lag will not occur from duplicate parts unless the amount is truly excessive. If you save edit to create a very long trailer combination but cannot safely handle it, you are liable to be banned for reckless driving and/or blocking and it is recommended that you remove the particular modification(s). If the Game Moderation Management thinks that your modification is not fit for our servers or negatively impacts other people, you are liable to be banned until the modification has been removed.
§4 - Forum only rules
§4.1 - Forum profiles
Signatures - Multiple images are allowed, as long as the download size does not exceed 150kb, excluding hosting on external websites. The total height of the images may not exceed 150 pixels.
§4.2 - Forum topics, posts, status updates, and private messages
- Titles must be descriptive to the content of the topic.
- Posting replies irrelevant to a topic, or replies in a different language of the subforum will be removed, unless stated otherwise.
- Topics can only be bumped once every 3 days. Bumping topics unnecessarily is not allowed, unless the post adds content to the topic.
- Discussing punishments, reports, tickets, appeals, applications is prohibited, including complaints about staff.
- Trading or selling of any physical/digital goods is prohibited. Giveaways and unused game keys are allowed to be shared.
- Fundraiser links are prohibited, unless approved by management. This includes but is not limited to personal fund links, external votes, in real-life work and charities.
§4.3 - Category use/purpose
- A description of the intended purpose or use of a forum category can be found in the category description, including any specific rules or requirements. This information will be written in either the category description, above the category content or in a pinned topic in the category. Subcategories have the same category-specific rules and requirements as the parent category unless specified otherwise.
- When a category has a specified format, following it is mandatory unless specified otherwise. Formats are given in the same way as category-specific rules.
§4.4 - Translation of content to other Languages
- Content published by TruckersMP can only be translated by the Translation Team.
- You are still allowed to translate community content in another language, as long as the translated topic keeps the original quality even after the translation.
- Additionally, if a translated topic has a poor quality translation or has been translated with an online translation tool, staff reserve the right to remove/hide such topics.
§4.5 - Forum Punishments System
- The first 2 offenses result in verbal warnings applied using the Direct Messages system, with no additional restrictions.
- The 3rd offense results in 1 warning point being applied to your account, with no additional restrictions unless deemed necessary.
- The 4th offense results in 1 warning point with 7 days of content moderation.
- The 5th offense results in 1 warning point with 14 days of content restriction.
- The 6th offense results in 1 warning point with permanent content restriction.
Some offenses may only result in your content being hidden/removed, without any warnings applied. It is up to the Community Moderator's discretion to determine what punishment is appropriate in a given situation.
Content moderation - During a given time period all your posts/comments are put under review by a moderator, before being officially published.
Content restriction - During a given time period you are restricted from posting any content on the forum. This restriction may be permanent.
The Community Moderation Management reserve the right to apply more severe restrictions or remove your access to the forum at any time, if they deem it necessary. This can also be done by Community Moderators with Management approval.
§5 - Disclaimer & Information
§5.1 - Server Auto Kicks
Ping - If your ping is over 600ms to the server, you will be disconnected from the server in order to avoid desync issues for others. This ping check is taken as an average.
Away from keyboard - Being inactive for over 10 minutes.
Car with trailer - Attaching a trailer to your car (not including the caravan.)
Truck with caravan - Attaching the caravan to your truck.
Headlights -Headlights must always be on between the hours of ATS: 18:00 (6 PM) - 09:00 (9 AM) | ETS2: 17:00 (5 PM) - 08:00 (8 AM).
Unsupported accessories - Using police accessories or any other unsupported items (Special Cargo DLC trailers for ETS2 and ATS).
Local Mods - Using local-only items such as sound and model accessories that use the /home directory (this does not include addon hookups).
Excessive amount of accessories - Using an excessive amount of save edited items
- Maximum amount of accessories per truck: 100
- Maximum amount of accessories per trailer: 50
- Maximum amount of hookups per accessory: 25
Too many trailers - Using a modified trailer combination with more than 3 parts for ETS2 or 5 parts for ATS will cause the server to kick you, regardless of location on the map.
Traffic restrictions - Using double or triple trailers close to the Kirkenes quarry (ProMods map).
Negative cargo mass - Using a trailer with a mass lower than 0.
Mixing vehicle items - Using car parts on a truck, truck parts on a trailer or car parts on a trailer, and vice versa for each case.
§5.2 - Staff and TruckersMP
Staff reserve the right to kick or ban you from the TruckersMP servers at any point if needed. Project Management has the right to exempt individuals from rules under special circumstances. The servers, mod and staff are provided free of charge for everyone and in that sense, everyone is a guest on the servers and it is a privilege that can be removed at any time. No form of persecution or offence toward any other members or staff team members will be permitted. We reserve the right to remove your right to access the servers at any time and at our discretion. Please note that the creators of the TruckersMP mod are not linked to SCS in any way, shape, or form. TruckersMP staff can be exempted from these rules if deemed necessary for their duties.
§5.3 - Appealing and filing a complaint
If you have been banned, you have the right to appeal the ban via the appeal system. If you feel that your ban appeal is not handled correctly or that you want to file a complaint against a staff member, use our feedback system. Prior to contacting feedback, your ban appeal must be Accepted, Modified or Declined. The feedback system is your last option. Any decision made by high ranked staff members will be final and cannot be appealed in another way. Any abuse of the feedback system can result in a ban from its use. Evidence for bans is required to be available for the duration of the ban plus thirty days. It is not possible to contact any member of the TruckersMP staff about bans that expired over fourteen days ago or a report that was handled over fourteen days ago. Complaints cannot be addressed privately with Staff members. You are required to use the appropriate system to fill in a complaint or appeal a punishment.
§5.4 - TruckersMP assets and logo
Our assets, including our logo, are copyrighted. You are allowed to use our logo in accordance with our brand guidelines.
§5.5 - Changing these rules
TruckersMP can change these rules at any time given. If one of those rules does not apply anymore, the others will still do. By using our mod, you agree to all of these rules. You have no excuse that you didn't know about them.
§5.7 - Additional rule sets
Discord guild rules
Twitch chat rules
Virtual Trucking Company Rules