VTC System Permissions
Firstly, let’s outline what a “VTC” actually is. VTC stands for Virtual Trucking Company and they work mostly the same as haulage companies in real life except you operate these ones in the virtual trucking world.
When you create a VTC, you will notice one of the many things you can customise are the roles within your company. You can create new ones, remove existing ones, and make various changes to the permissions assigned to each. This article will explain what each permission does, so you can easily control what each person in your VTC can do and organise your staff as efficiently as possible.
Permissions are split into various categories, giving you even easier access to fine-tune what control your staff have over different aspects of your VTC page.
Important: By granting the “Manage” permission under any category, you automatically assign all permissions relating to that category, and changing the other tick boxes for that category will make no difference. Be careful when assigning manage permissions, as members can change a lot!
By granting your members with the Manage news permission, you will allow them to make and control the news posts that get published to the front page of your VTC, including being able to create, modify, hide and pin posts.
- Create: members with this permission can post new news posts to your VTC
- Delete: members with this permission can remove news posts published to your VTC
- View administration: members can see the admin overview for all news posts submitted to your VTC
- Edit: members with this permission can edit news posts, such as the content, visibility, pinned status and position
- View disabled news: allows access to hidden news posts that are not visible to any other member of your VTC or the public
By granting your members with the Manage recruitment permission, you will give them full access to the applications section of your VTC and will be able to view applications, hire members and reject applications.
- Edit applications: allows members to change the status of applications such as in-progress, as well as to accept/decline applications
- Comment: allows members with this permission to add both public and private comments on applications
- View administration: members can see the admin overview for all applications submitted to your VTC
- Assign staff: members with this permission can assign applications to a member of your VTC with the “edit applications” permission, without needing to do it themselves
By granting your members the Manage VTC recruitment forms permission, you give them access to make and control the recruitment forms for your VTC. Including creating, deleting and editing recruitment forms and the form fields.
- Create form: allows members to create a new recruitment form
- Delete form: allows members to delete any recruitment form
- View form: allows members to view any recruitment form
- Update form: allows members to update any recruitment form, such as the name, description, opening and closing dates
- Add form field: allows members to add a form field on a recruitment form
- Edit form field: allows members to edit any form field on a recruitment form
- Delete form field: allows members to delete any form field on a recruitment form
By granting your members with the Manage VTC permission, you give them access to change the VTC information, rules and requirements section as well as change social links, update member roles and remove people from your VTC. This is a dangerous permission to grant.
- Manage roles: members with this permission can create new, delete existing and change the permissions for roles within your VTC
- Can kick members: allows staff in your VTC to remove members from the company
- Manage members: allows staff in your VTC to change which role other members have
By granting your members with the Manage blacklist permission, you allow them full control to view who is on the blacklist, and add / remove people from the list. Users on your VTC blacklist will be unable to apply to your VTC.
- Create: allows staff to add new people to the blacklist
- Delete: allows staff to remove people from the blacklist
- View: allows staff to see who is on the blacklist
- Edit: allows staff to edit information for users on the blacklist
By granting your members with the Manage gallery permission, you give them full access to modify all areas of the VTC gallery, including uploading images and editing or deleting any image.
The gallery feature is only available to validated & verified VTCs, so these options will have no effect for roles in a normal VTC. Click here to learn more about the gallery feature.
- Upload picture: members can add images to the gallery
- Edit ANY picture: members can change the information of images on the gallery, including those not their own
- Delete ANY picture: members can remove images from the gallery, including those not their own
- View admin panel: members can see the admin overview for their VTC gallery, for quick viewing & editing of images
- Edit picture: members can change the information for their own images
- Delete picture: members can remove their own images from the gallery
By granting your members with the Manage events permission, you give them full access to create, modify and delete any scheduled event hosted by your VTC on the Event System.
- Create event: members with this permission can create events on the VTC system, in the name of your VTC as opposed to themselves
- Edit ANY events: members can edit the information of any event created in the name of your VTC
- Delete ANY events: members can remove any event scheduled in the name of your VTC
- View admin panel: members can see the admin overview for events created in the name of your VTC
- Edit event: members can make changes to events they individually scheduled in the name of your VTC
- Delete events: members can remove events they individually scheduled in the name of your VTC
If you have any other queries about the VTC system, make sure to check out the full range of VTC related knowledge base articles or contact Community Management via the feedback system.